We deal with data produced during initial analysis of samples of the micrometeoroid capture experiment.
This application compiles a database of the obtained data and performs a search to display the results.
It is composed of the backend side which compiles a database and returns the results, and front side which performs a search to display the results.
Development has been continued in PBL courses supported by FY2017-19 Coordination Funds for Promoting AeroSpace Utilizaiton, MEXT, Japan .
"Aizu Laboratory, Inc."  supports development of the software.
A lot of advices from project members of JAXA "TANPOPO" and "TANPOPO2" mission are given.
Here, we release and distribute source code of TANPOPO DB's frontend (tanpopoDB_frontend_v1.0.0) as an open source educational material.
You need to build operating environment by yourself and generate execution file for using this application.
Required items for building operating environment are as flollows;
Latest version Download size ~5MB
Please check detailed procedures of building operating environment, compiling and execution in #Documents/“InstallationTanpopo_ja.pdf”.
In AY2019, TanpopoDB for mission team members (outside of UoA) has been developed, followed by release and distribution of source code of TANPOPO DB's frontend (tanpopoDB_frontend_v1.0.0) as an open source educational material.
We asked Aizu Laboratory, Inc. to develop application for extending TanpopoDB functionality and to create the reference (2020.2.28 completed). Details are as follows.
- Implementation for external disclosure
- Established a network environment for disclosing to the outside of UoA (SSL, SSH remote access, domain acquisition)
- The application was replaced to WEB front-end with React using Electron (Cross-platform desktop application engine)
- User IDs and passwords can only be used within the university, allowing access within the same segment.
- Prepared user application form. The content of the input is sent to the administrator by email.
- Set domain (tanpopo.u-aizu.ac.jp) for DNS
- Set up SSL connection (certificate. key file)
- Made SSH remote work possible
- Offered dataset of DOI
- DOI can be shown when Impact ID is searched
2019.9.25 JAXA TANPOPO mission tanpopoDB_frontend_v1.0.0 released
2020.2.28 JAXA TANPOPO mission TanpopoDB Extended functionality
Developers and advisors
Aizu Laboratory, Inc.
The University of Aizu
Copyright (c) 2019 The University of Aizu
JAXA TANPOPO mission tanpopoDB_frontend_v1.0.0 is released under the Berkeley Software Distribution License (BSD).
Development of TanpopoDB was carried out by the joint usage / research program at the Research Center for Space Informatics, University of Aizu.
- Shigeru Nakano, February 2018, Graduation Thesis, the University of Aizu, "Building Database for JAXA TANPOPO Mission"
- Kyoko Okudaira, Junya Imani, Yuichi Yaguchi, Yukihiro Ishibashi, Satoshi Sasaki, Hajime Yano, Shigeru
Nakano, Naru Hirata, Akihiko Yamagishi, and TANPOPO DA/DB team (Poster presentation)
FY2017 Astrobiology Network Workshop, ISAS/JAXA, Sagamihara-city, Kanagawa, November 16-17, 2017, Special session "TANPOPO"
- Coordination Funds for Promoting AeroSpace Utilizaiton, MEXT, Japan (in Japanese) http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/kaihatu/space/jigyou/detail/1347482.htm
- Aizu Laboratory, Inc. http://www.aizulab.com
- FY2019-2021 National Institutes of Natural Sciences (NINS), Astrobiology Center (ABC), “Satellite” program (Yoko Kebukawa)